Welcome to Warrant! 👋
Our APIs, developer tools and other infrastructure help product, engineering and ops teams implement and maintain robust authorization and access control in their software products.
This docs site should have everything you need to get started. If you have other questions, drop by our Slack.
Create an Account
- First, create an account for your organization.
- Once logged in, you can view your API keys and invite your teammates.
- The dashboard lets you view and manage your entire authorization model.
Making API Requests
Everything in Warrant is accessible and editable via API. Requests can be made using any of our SDKs or directly to
api.warrant.dev with a valid API key.
See our API Reference for more details about supported operations. You can get started with our Postman collection or any of our SDKs:
Now that you have an account and API access, you need to set up your application's authorization model. This consists of the following steps:
- Create object types that represent your authorization model
- Create warrants (access rules) based on that model
- Add access checks to your application to enforce the model
Not sure where to start? Refer to one of our quickstart guides:
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Self Service RBAC
- Fine Grained Authorization
- Implementing Multitenancy